Thursday

Pushing Buttons?

I have several blogs I read on a regular basis, one of which is Melissa's at Stretch Marks.

Today she brought up the discussion of homosexuality on her site. And (as expected I'm sure) she has received a slew of comments on both side of the issue. This is one of those issues that makes peoples blood boil on both sides of the argument. My comment on her site was so long, I thought to myself it could be it's own blog post. So I figured I'd post it. :)

1st hop over to Melissa's site for her blog titled What Do You Say . Read over some of her other postings, I'm sure you'll find you love her as much as I do. Then come back over here and let me know what you think.

Here is my comment on her post:

Wow! Way to jump on to a hot topic issue. :) 1st I have to say I agree with you 100%. I watched that TV show, and couldn't believe the hostility coming from her. What saddens me more than anything is the amount of anger that seems to come from both sides of this issue. It sickens me.

I completely believe the Bible is true and is the work of God. I completely believe the Bible is clear in stating homosexual behaviors are sinful.

That being said, my opinion on the issue in general is that sin is sin. There is no one sin greater than another, and we all fall short of the Glory of God.

I'm a Christian who is tired of the Christian agenda treating gay people with condemnation. We need to take the plank out of our own eye before we point out the speck in anothers. Do we want to win them over to Christ? OF COURSE!! But isn't loving those people unconditionally going to speak God's truth FAR more than speaking words of hate and condemnation?

Melissa, please know I'm not saying your blog did that in anyway. I think it was very respectful and tasteful.

I agree with Kat's comment when she said: "What's really a disappointment to me is how some Christians forget that although some sins do carry more severe consequences here on earth, we have all fallen short of the glory of God. It's one thing to stand up for truth, but quite another to vilify someone or simply minimize their struggle with a sin that's not close to us. Let us not succumb to the sinful pride that prevents us from loving others unconditionally as Christ commands us to!"

Whew...I feel better now. hee hee. Seriously, thanks for bringing this conversation up. :) Blessings!

3 comments:

Denise said...

I totally agree with your comment on this dear.

Shauna said...

I am new here! What an awesome blog you have :) ♥ Hugs!

Lula! said...

This was a brilliant post. Christians are notorious for forgetting the adage, "Love the sinner, hate the sin." I have to remind myself of this, and remember that the ground is level at the foot of the Cross. Always! And I praise God for that!