I've needed to update my blog for some time, and a friend of mine just posted a Summer Update. I thought that sounded like a good idea, so I'm stealing it. :) LOL
So this is what has been going this summer:
* Traveling for work. I made trips to Grand Junction, Steamboat Springs, and Craig to meet the agents newly assigned to me. I love having the opportunity to meet the people I talk to every day on the phone. I miss my Reno, NV agents greatly, but my new CO agents are pretty awesome. I also took a trip to Tempe, AZ for a meeting. 113 degrees in AZ...need I say more?
* I was one of 4 sponsors to take 30 teens to summer camp for a week in Durango. They are awesome kids, and we had great time. Being around teens like this gives you hope for the future.
* I go to the mountains every chance I can get. This isn't really a summer thing, this is just just a me thing. LOL
* I've been focused on getting myself healthy this summer. I have lost 28 lbs so far. I realize I have a long way to go, but I feel better each day. This has given a great boost to my self confidence as well. For the first time in probably 10 years I am confident I will reach this goal and keep the weight off. Who knew I could actually start to crave fruits and vegetables?
* "De-cluttering" my body has also made me look at de-cluttering my life. Slowly I've been going through and getting rid of everything from clothes in my closet to toxic relationships. I just feel a need to make life less complicated.
* Jeff and I have been getting ready for the arrival of our new "daughter". This year's foreign exchange student is coming to us in less than 2 weeks from Norway. Her name is Yngvild, she is 16 years old, and she seems to be incredibly sweet and fun. We cannot wait to meet her and get to know her.
* I joined a book club this summer. This my first time in a book club and I really enjoy it. Which reminds me, I need to get started on August's book.
Hmmmm....I'm sure there are several things I've done this summer, but that is all that's coming to my mind for now. I hope you are having a great summer!! :)
Things that bring me joy:
* My little dog jumping for joy to see me.
* Fresh air on cool summer mornings
* My husband being proud of me for my accomplishments.
*sigh* I'm one blessed girl. :)