Friday

I met Jesus in Dallas


Is it possible to both look forward to and dread an event at the same time? That is how I felt before leaving for Dallas. See, last week we took 7 teens down to Dallas, TX for a CIY Know Sweat Mission trip. What is that you might ask? Well it's mission trip by day and conference(worship/speaker)by night. For the mission part we had the opportunity to fix up two elderly people's houses.

I was excited for the opportunity to get my hands dirty and serve God's people. I was dreading how the kids might react and wondering who might do what to get in trouble.

So what happened? The kids blew me away, they were simply AMAZING. Sure there was drama (I mentioned they were teenagers, right?), but they worked it out. They were totally into the service project, and I was blown away by the amount of love they were putting into it. One of the kids even asked if we could do more projects like this at home. Wow! I am so incredibly proud of them; God is good!

I praise God for the chance to see Jesus through the eyes of the people we served, and even through the eyes of our teens. It was an incredible experience, and one I truely will never forget.



Blessings,

No comments: