Monday

Tips from Simple Living Manifesto

I don't know about you, but my life is chaotic. I don't even have children yet, and I feel like I'm always running from one place to the next or double booking myself. I like hearing other peoples ideas on how to make my life a little bit easier.

In part of my search I found an article called Simple Living Manifesto: 72 Ideas to Simplify Your Life.

He has a lot of great tips on here, so I thought I would share some of my favorite's with you. There are a lot of great ones, some I won't list yet because they could be their own blog post and I want to expand on them.

1) "Make a list of your top 4-5 important things. What’s most important to you? What do you value most? What 4-5 things do you most want to do in your life? Simplifying starts with these priorities, as you are trying to make room in your life so you have more time for these things."

3) "Evaluate your time. How do you spend your day? What things do you do, from the time you wake up to the time you go to sleep? Make a list, and evaluate whether they’re in line with your priorities. If not, eliminate the things that aren’t, and focus on what’s important. Redesign your day."

5) "Simplify home tasks. In that vein, think about all the stuff you do at home. Sometimes our home task list is just as long as our work list. And we’ll never get that done either. So focus on the most important, and try to find ways to eliminate the other tasks (automate, eliminate, delegate, or hire help)."

18) "Free up time. Find ways to free up time for the important stuff. That means eliminating the stuff you don’t like, cutting back on time wasters, and making room for what you want to do."

20) "Spend time with people you love. Again, the list of 4-5 important things probably contains some of the people you love (if not, you may want to re-evaluate). Whether those people are a spouse, a partner, children, parents, other family, best friends, or whoever, find time to do things with them, talk to them, be intimate with them."

36) "Learn what “enough” is. Our materialistic society today is about getting more and more, with no end in sight. Sure, you can get the latest gadget, and more clothes and shoes. More stuff. But when will you have enough? Most people don’t know, and thus they keep buying more. It’s a never ending cycle. Get off the cycle by figuring out how much is enough. And then stop when you get there."

45) "Find a creative outlet for self-expression. Whether that’s writing, poetry, painting, drawing, creating movies, designing websites, dance, skateboarding, whatever. We have a need for self-expression, and finding a way to do that makes your life much more fulfilling. Allow this to replace much of the busy-work you’re eliminating from your life."

46) "Simplify your goals. Instead of having half a dozen goals or more, simplify it to one goal. Not only will this make you less stressed, it will make you more successful. You’ll be able to focus on that One Goal, and give it all of your energy. That gives you much better chances for success."

72) "Always ask: Will this simplify my life? If the answer is no, reconsider"

He has tons of great tips, and I look forward to learning more. I hope some of these tips helped you. :)

Blessings!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Awesome sweetie.

Sandy Harper said...

Hi Apryll ~ Someone tweeted about your blogs (sorry that I can't remember who now), so I came to visit! I read several of your posts and enjoyed them all! As much as I love to read and write, I have just now dipped my toe into the blogging world (as a single Mommy w/a toddler & two businesses, there just seems to not be enough hours in the day; which is why I enjoyed your "tips for simple living" blog).

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with others!