Saturday

Choose Love

Happy New Years!!  I guess it's natural to be reflective over this week, and I'm no exception to that.  I was listening to my iPod this morning and Luther Vandross's song What the World Needs Now came on.  I know it might be a little cheeseball, but I think it's so true.  What would happen if we lived in a world where people chose to love?  Not just the people in our lives we should love (although I know I can do a better job about that as well), but also the people in our lives that are hard to love.

Matthew 5:43-48

"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy'. But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven.  He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.  If you love those who love you, what reward will you get?  Are not even the tax collectors doing that?  And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?"

Love your enemies...what a powerful message. I think it is too easy in every day life to look for the negative, to be judgemental and condescending.  There is unity in complaining about wrongs or the sense of being wronged.  It is not only easy, but it seems acceptable to display anger and hatred....even among Christians.

What if people started to turn the tide?  Started practicing love, patience, grace....forgiveness?  In this New Year, New Decade, my challenge to you is to choose love.  Choose to show your loved ones that they are loved.  Choose to show grace to the guy who cuts you off in traffic or the person in front of you with a cart-full of groceries in the 20 items or less line.  

Happy New Year dear friends. 

Blessings!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Apryll-Thanks so much for the sweet comments-The hive is a fab site for new bloggers to gain info, inspirations and add to your own blog creatively-www.creatingthehive.com - you can sign up for a free membership and I follow it on facebook! Hope this helps you too!