Friday

Goodbye 2010 and Goodbye Resolutions

It's New Years Eve, I'm in my living surrounded me the Christmas tree and decorations that still adorn our house.  I suppose I should take them all down this weekend.  I'm reading posts of people who are reflecting on 2010 and making resolutions for 2011.

As far as resolutions go, I'm choosing to not make any this year.  I mean, let's face it...I'm not very stellar at sticking to them. Yesterday on the radio I heard the DJ's talking about choosing a one word theme for the year, instead of resolutions.  They talked about how resolutions are so much focused on the past and what's wrong with us we would like to fix instead of focusing on moving forward into the future. I like the idea of the one word theme, focusing on the positivity of moving forward instead of the negativity of regrets.  In that spirit I'm currently trying to decide on what my word will be for 2011.  I don't think I'm going to decide on this word before tomorrow, but I will decide on one soon.

Some words I'm pondering:

Present
Love
Listen
Positive
Joy

Have you done a One Word Theme?  If so, what was your word?  If you haven't picked a word, check out My One Word and get inspired.

Happy New Year my friends.

Things that brought me joy today:
* Breakfast with my family
* Watching Eclipse with Yngvild
* A clean house

Blessings!

No comments: