Monday

Why I think Dexter Rocks

If you have known me for any significant period of time, you know that I am a die hard Kansas City Chiefs fan.  I have loved them through thick and thin…and let’s face it, the last 10-15 years have been pretty thin.  None the less,  I have remained true to the team I love.  This year Chiefs fan have been rewarded for their loyalty!!  Yesterday they clinched the win of our division, (shout out to the Bangles for shutting down the Chargers..woot woot) and I was a happy girl.  I was dancing in the living room…I was even 10 minutes late to church because I had to be sure that the Bangles won their game. (Speaking of which I should pause for a moment and apologize to both God and my husband for making football a priority yesterday...Jeff, sorry for shooshing you during football…I love you!!)

Whew, sorry, moving on…

After my posts on Facebook about my KC excitement, I get an BB IM (if you don’t BlackBerry, you don’t understand. haha) from my dear bloggy/Twitter/Facebook friend Kim asking me if I was a McCluster fan.  I was thinking “Do eagles fly? Did Jesus walk on water? Do peanut butter and honey go together? YES I’m a Dexter fan” LOL  I wish I could remember exactly how she worded her response, but it was something along the line of “He’s a cool guy”.  I responded back something along the lines of “I don’t know much about him, but he sure does know how to play some football.” Then I got to thinking about Kim’s statement…I decided it meant one of two things 1) She knows him personally or 2) There is a story behind this man that is more than football and a pretty face.  (For those who don’t know who Dexter McCluster is the brief rundown is: College played for Ole Miss, was 2010 draft pick for KC Chiefs, plays as our amazing Wide Receiver #22, and will certainly be named the 2010 MVP…or at least should be *grins*)

Dexter and Kim were still on my mind this morning, so in true stalker fashion I pull up Google and start typing “Dexter McCluster” into the search line.  As you know, when you start typing anything onto a Google search line, suggested searches pop up.  Among them were the ones I expected, like biographies, stats, fantasy football value, etc…but one popped up I didn’t expect: “Dexter McCluster Testimony”  Out of curiosity I selected it, and up popped several video links. YouTube had 16 videos.  What I saw brought tears to my eyes, here is one of them:


Three things that really impressed me about Dexter:



  1.  His honesty.  When asked the question where he was with God…he could have easily made up something to fit in with the group, but he chose to be honest on where he was with his relationship with God.  He acknowledged there was sin in his life, and he knew something needed to be done about it.
  2.  He accepted what had happened to him.  Like my accident, God used a horrible incident to show His Power to Dexter.
  3.  Unlike me, Dexter is using his story to bring people into the Kingdom.  He accepted Jesus as his savior, and immediately started using his position of influence and his story to start leading people into the loving arms of Jesus.

I am convicted today to start telling my story.  I might not be a famous football player with the potentional of influencing millions, but I still have a story to tell.  If I only bring 1 person into the Kingdom, I made a difference.

My story will be coming up in future posts…what about you?  What’s your story?

Blessings!

No comments: